Go Back   Latin America Gringos Forum > Central & North America Expat Forums > Panama Expat Forum For The Facts About Living In Panama

Panama Expat Forum For The Facts About Living In Panama Please join the Panama forum if you are an Expat living in Panama or if you travel to Panama frequently or if you are thinking about moving to Panama. If you have any first hand experience, information, observations and facts about Panama then please share them and become a part of the community.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgowland

Leaving Panama

Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Active Members

2 likes received

Users From Flag Originally from canada. Users To Flag Expat in panama.
Default Leaving Panama

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a company to help me ship my stuff back to Miami from Panama City. I basically just need a 20' cntr and price.

Help!

Jason

Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Gringos Member

Please update your flags here

Hi Jason, and Welcome to the Forum, on what looks like a short visit here!!

Are you leaving Panama because of work, or did the Country just not suit your family?

Hopefully someone will come up with a response for you soon, there are a few Members from Panama.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Active Members

2 likes received

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiar View Post
Hi Jason, and Welcome to the Forum, on what looks like a short visit here!!

Are you leaving Panama because of work, or did the Country just not suit your family?

Hopefully someone will come up with a response for you soon, there are a few Members from Panama.
Didn't suit my family. I have a successful business here that I worked really hard to build up. In the end, my wife doesn't like it, so we need to go.

If you know anybody that might be interested, I am selling my 50% of the business. I have a business partner here in Panama who will remain and work with whomever buys me out.

Cheers,

Gene likes this.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Gringos Member

Please update your flags here

I am sorry to hear that, but I agree, Family have to come first. I wish you all the best in the future.

If anyone is interested in your business interests they can PM you, maybe you could just tell us what type of business it is, any other detail can be sought via the PM, so as not to break the no advertising rules!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Senior Members

977 likes received
2084 likes given

Users From Flag Originally from usa. Users To Flag Expat in philippines.

Sure sorry to hear your time there is not working out. Expating is not for everyone and it just can't be helped. You're making the right choice as hard as it might be as the marriage and family is the most important and first consideration. Hope you are able to locate a shipper...

Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Active Members

2 likes received

Thanks for your comments Gene. I have lived in different parts of the world - as a single person. I lived in Peru for 2 1/2 years and loved every minute of it!

This was my first go living abroad with a wife and kids! To be honest, the Panamanian culture is slowly driving me nuts. Between the terrible traffic and horrible drivers, the employees that don't show up and don't care about the work when they do show up, and the high cost of living, I just said to heck with it - why struggle - go back to the US and start another business. Maybe in 15 years when my youngest hits college I will give it another go, but probably not in Panama.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Rookie

Users From Flag Originally from usa. Users To Flag Expat in panama.

I am looking for a business in which to invest. Please let me know how to contact you offline so we can talk.

--Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgowland View Post
Didn't suit my family. I have a successful business here that I worked really hard to build up. In the end, my wife doesn't like it, so we need to go.

If you know anybody that might be interested, I am selling my 50% of the business. I have a business partner here in Panama who will remain and work with whomever buys me out.

Cheers,

Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Active Members

7 likes received

Users From Flag Originally from england. Users To Flag Expat in panama.

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out. Surely the cost of living in Miami is not less than here !

What is your business ? Can you share that ?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Active Members

2 likes received

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo View Post
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out. Surely the cost of living in Miami is not less than here !

What is your business ? Can you share that ?
You can check out my business at:

Marble Restoration International

If you are interested in the business, you can Send me a PM..

There is nothing wrong with Panama or my business, in fact the business is booming. This issue is that my wife doesn't like it here and I need to deal with that, unfortunately.

Last edited by Gene; 11-07-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Removed contact information